X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Shut Down Issue

Hello

When i go to shut down.

It takes about 4-5 seconds from hitting the shutdown button or restart buttons, till the screen starts to go black.

Is there a command I can run to show what could be causing it ?? Then post the results here

Mark

I notice this when I have a browser opeen at the time, usually up to a dozen open tabs. If the browser is saving its state, then this can take time. Also, the default setting for Plasma is to save the desktop session, which can add time, depending on what is open at the time. Then shutting down any running items. I'll guess any snaps you have may need to be unmounted. it can add up.

I haven't found what shows plasma's logout process yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Black.Widow View Post
      Hello

When i go to shut down.

It takes about 4-5 seconds from hitting the shutdown button or restart buttons, till the screen starts to go black.

Is there a command I can run to show what could be causing it ?? Then post the results here

Mark
      What would be your expectations?

That's about what it takes on my box, also. But, I can stand an orderly shutdown, especially the saved desktop concept. When I startup in the morning, I want my "usual suspects" to show up and be ready!
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Thunderbird emptying all the Trash takes about that long. It's the long pole in my shutdown. But, there's stuff in the background that needs to terminate gracefully as well.
        ROG STRIX Z370-E Motherboard, Intel i7 8700K (6 core/12 threads) 3.7 GHz overclocked to 5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3 GHz, Intel 2 TB SSD, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Oh my Previous LTS Release it is takes less than half a second to go black and shut down after i hit the Shut Down button.

I have Shut Down as my default option when I log out of the session.

I will do another install and see if I get the same thing, with out any programs or updates done

Comment

Working...
          X