This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kernel list not being kept current

I see that there have been at least two announcement of a new 5.6.x kernel being released.
    Kernels 5.6.8 and 5.6.9 were announced here:
    https://lwn.net/

When I look at the list, I see they are not yet available:
    https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/
    The newest release shown, as of today (4/4/20), is still at Kernel 5.6.7

In the past, as soon as LWN gets a notice of release, the Kernels have been available at the time of announcement.

Is this being caused by the current stay-at-home lockdown or something else?

I'm not complaining, just curious as to the delay.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Probably the weekend got in the way [emoji1]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's likely that case. The kernel point updates seem to come very quickly lately. Not the release candidates, but point updates to already released kernels. All good, if I can apply them.

As of this morning, there are three point released announced, but not accessible. 5.6.8, 5.6.9 and 5.6.10.

And don't these qualify as "essential services"?
      Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; May 04, 2020, 09:24 AM.
      Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Just an update, all three of the 'missing' kernel updates become accessible this evening 5/5/20. Just a slight delay and no problems encountered.
        I did the update to my system and am now running kernel release 5.6.10.

Comment

So you can only fetch them with that ppa? Canonical isn't offering any 5.5 or 5.6 linux kernel!? :s
          Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
          Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
          Win 10 sadly
          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

I haven't checked with Canonical's server. The two links in my previous posts are where I normally look because they usually are very fast to offer the latest release.

The reason I posted was because there was a delay in getting the link to the files. That delay has now disappeared. All is good.

Comment

Working...
            X