keyboard indicator in system tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] keyboard indicator in system tray

somehow I deleted the system tray in the panel. Had no idea what happened. Tried to re-install the widgets. No good.Finally re-installed the system tray and the widgets inside it popped back in.

Great. But the keyboard indicator now doesn't detect the numlock. It detects caps lock fine.

I noticed that when I was trying to re-install the widgets, I installed the battery widget and it thought there wasn't any battery on my laptop. Noticed that the add widgets panel indicated 2 battery widgets?? So the one that was supposed to be in the deleted system tray was still active and blocking the second one from detecting the battery - my interpretation.

Could there be 2 keyboard indicator widgets even though the add widgets panel only lists one?

I have been trying to delete the keyboard indicator in the system tray and then re-install to see what happens, but the usual method I use for deleting widgets will only delete the system tray and nothing in the system tray.

1. How does one delete a widget in the system tray?

and

2. Any ideas what is going on with the keyboard indicator not detecting the numlock. I have a dual boot with Kubuntu an Ubuntu and booted into Ubuntu and the numlock was detected there. So that seemed to rule out h/w. Also, the numlock key does work, just keyboard indicator no longer detects it.

Any thoughts on how to get the keyboard indicator to detect numlock??

geezer
Working...
X