This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEConnect on Android 10

With Android 10 blocking/removing/disabling the sharing of clipboards, KDEConnect is lacking this feature on devices that have this Android version.

However, if one enables the beta channel for the android app, the latest version there has this working again, so it should be coming to a normal release soon.
    This version is not on f-droid yet, I think.

I wonder what the workaround was?

I own a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 10 on it. I have KDEConnect installed on it and on my laptop. I don't know what a "beta channel" is on my phone but if I select some text on my phone, then chose the share option, a dialog pops up which allows me to select KDEConnect. Immediately Kate on my laptop pops up displaying the text I selected. I can send text, files and graphics to and from the S10 in the same way. I have almost 20 plugins active on my KDEConnect and all the ones I've tried work, except one, and I don't remember which one it was. I can remotely control from my phone videos playing on my laptop. I have my S10 email send notifications to my laptop when email from either my ISP or GMail arrive at the phone. I can control my laptop mouse pointer from my S10. There's much more. All in all, I am very pleased with the way KDEConnect connects my laptop and my phone. I never had this kind of connectivity using my iPhone 6+.

The sweetest functionality of all is the ability to use KDEConnect on my laptop to send SMS msgs to contacts on my phone. Left mouse on the KDEConnect icon in the system tray, click on the three dots, and chose either Share, Ring, Browse or SMS. Can't find your phone? Click Ring. You'll hear it till you find it, IF it is within hearing distance. Select Browse and browse the Downloads directory on the phone. And the SMS, of course.

In fact, I came into the forum to specifically praise the functionality of KDEConnect and saw your post, so I decided to brag about it here.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It is the other way that Android had removed clipboard sharing. Copy text on Linux and it used to go directly top the phone's clip tray automatically. A feature that is at least somewhat popular. I know I use it almost daily.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X