X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is it looking

Hi Kubuntu 18 (non lts) user here and hoping to upgrade -

I have had issues with Kubuntus package manager/updates in the past has anything been improved? Overall how is this LTS shaping up?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

If you mean Discover, I don't use it. If you mean muon, its working great.

I've been running 20.04 since January and its been fabulous. About three weeks ago mailto stopped working and my touchpad failed to be recognized, but the next update fixed that. So, that's about it for me. I loaded KDE Contact onto my Galaxy S10 and it communicate well with KDE Contact on my Plasma 5.18 DE. It tells me what my S10 battery percentage is, it displays popups when my S10 gets a popup (which includes YouTube notices, emails, phone calls, etc.). I can control my desktop from my phone. All together I have 20 functions on my S10 KDE Connect that interact with my Kubuntu 20.04 DE. Sweet!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by natman View Post
      Hi Kubuntu 18 (non lts) user here and hoping to upgrade -
      What version is that, more precisely? Kubuntu 18.04 is the LTS release; there was also 18.10, 19.04, and the current version 19.10. If you are on Kubuntu 18.10, it went end-of-life nine months after its release, in July 2019, and if you want to upgrade that in place, I'm not sure that's easy.
      Originally posted by natman View Post
      I have had issues with Kubuntus package manager/updates in the past has anything been improved? Overall how is this LTS shaping up?
      20.04 is shaping up well. In this forum there's been a few update glitches reported, that have usually come right quickly.

Now, has anyone done a release-upgrade of 19.10? If I'm feeling like causing myself trouble, I might give that a try (on a snapshot, and after backups, of course).
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X