Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about SYNA3602 error for my touchpad. Also, WiFi and Bluetooth do not work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Question about SYNA3602 error for my touchpad. Also, WiFi and Bluetooth do not work.

So, I use a cheap Chinese notebook. I have this error that I cannot use my touchpad at all. I have try many things to find a solution but mainly I tried changing distros and kernel versions. But I always get this error:
    error: i2c_hid i2c-SYNA3602:00: unexpected HID descriptor bcdVersion (0x00ff).

Touchpad is dead. The same goes for wifi and bluetooth. In windows 10 everything works great tho.

My question is, since I have a bunch of drivers for this notebook from the OM's website, is it possible to "reverse engineer" them or "rebuild" them and make them linux friendly?

I really like Kubuntu and I use it as my main os for many months now on my main PC but im so furious that I cannot have it on my sweet notebook.
    Any ideas?

PS. Im no expert at all and the terms "reverse engineering" and "rebuild" may not be the correct terms but I think you get what im trying to say.
Working...
X