This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] remove Respondus LockDown Browser

It was sacrilege for me to literally install spyware on my computer, but I had to for class. Turns out there is not a Linux version of the Respondus LockDown Browser. I downloaded the Windows version, but Wine wouldn't run it correctly, so I had to install it on my wife's Windows 10 machine. In the meantime, i am still stuck with unusable spyware on my computer. I executed the download package right from my browser's downloads tabs because I knew the source. However, I cannot seem to be able to uninstall it. I have tried all variations of sudo apt-get remove LockDown Browser and sudo apt-get purge LockDown Browser that I can find, but alas. I get a message in the console saying:

"E: Unable to locate package LockDown
    " and "E: Unable to locate package Browser".

Any help would be appreciated.

Linux is case sensitive. In a konsole type: sudo find / -iname lockdown*

This should return a line by line listing of matches.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am confused. You installed a windows program via Wine, and want to uninstall it?
      apt only handles Linux deb files, not Windows exe files.

When you clicked the installer from the browser, it actually installed it in Wine, which is a fake Windows of sorts. You will need to uninstall it using Wine's tools most likely

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...tall-apps.html

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        I am confused. You installed a windows program via Wine, and want to uninstall it?
        apt only handles Linux deb files, not Windows exe files.

When you clicked the installer from the browser, it actually installed it in Wine, which is a fake Windows of sorts. You will need to uninstall it using Wine's tools most likely

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...tall-apps.html
        I knew WINE was a "fake" windows but obviously I didn't know how to properly use it. Repsondus is now gone, thank you good sir.

Comment

Working...
        X