This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Asus TUF FX505D Bluetooth not working

The laptop is brand new and Kubuntu 19.10 was installed. There are two ssd in laptop, Kubuntu and Windows 10 are each installed to a different ssd.
    The bluetooth shows up in Kinfocenter as a "Bluetooth Radio" manufactured by Realtec, the bluetooth software is installed and open when clicked. When the bluetooth software is started it does not show either "Devices" or "Adapters" when trying to set up a connection with Samsung phones or bluetooth earbuds. Neither of the Samsung phones show the laptop as a bluetooth device.
    It would seem that for some reason the software cannot/will not interact with the bluetooth device when trying to set it up.

Thanks

what dose
    Code:
    rfkill list
    show ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

0: hci0: Bluetooth
      Soft blocked: no
      Hard blocked: no
      1: phy0: Wireless LAN
      Soft blocked: no
      Hard blocked: no

Comment

I have been looking around on the net for possible fixes for my problem. If I run the command,
        $ dmesg |grep -i firm
        Then this is the output that I get.
        $ dmesg |grep -i firm
        [ 0.421533] ACPI: [Firmware Bug]: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
        [ 0.750522] acpi PNP0A08:00: [Firmware Info]: MMCONFIG for domain 0000 [bus 00-3f] only partially covers this bridge
        [ 1.689296] [drm] Warning: check cp_fw_version and update it to realize GRBM requires 1-cycle delay in cp firmware
        [ 1.690799] [drm] Found VCN firmware Version ENC: 1.9 DEC: 1 VEP: 0 Revision: 28
        [ 1.690802] [drm] PSP loading VCN firmware

It would seem to be a driver problem?
        How do I fix this, or should I wait for upgrade to Kubuntu 20.04 and hope that the newer kernel have updated drivers?

Comment

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1155...nection-issues

Try Installing new kernel 5 by command: sudo apt install --install-recommends linux-generic-hwe-18.04 xserver-xorg-hwe-18.04
          The problem is that while there exists an linux-generic-hwe-20.04 kernel in the repository the xserver-xorg-hwe-20.04 isn't.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks GreyGeek, will give it a go.

Comment

Working...
            X