X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] KDE-Neon losing right click context menu

Hi everyone!
    On my Lenovo laptop T540p, with a fully updated KDE-Neon 18.04, upon closing and opening the laptop lid, I lose the right click (two finger tap) menu on desktop or any other open apps. The only way to get it back is a reboot. This is really annoying and bothersome. Any ideas as what can be done to resolve this issue?
    Thanks!

Hi
    thanks for the question.
    I am running Neon it is Kubuntu 19.04.
    The whole right click thing was kind of woozy a few years ago but on my DESKTOP i can to right click with the mouse and get the full menu.

So, this may be a hardware / hardware setup thing and, unfortunately I don't have anything on a laptop.

I am sure that you have tried System Settings / hardware / input devices / touchpad but and I do not find in there anything except the settings and "apply"...

when you say "reboot" is the reboot with "saved system settings" or start with a "new session" ? sometimes the settings can get wonky, maybe with the "close the lid" but not a reboot could it be in the "sleep" settings?

dunno, wish I could be of more help.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply!
      Before posting here I had already played with system settings/input devices/touch pad, to no avail. I even googled for perhaps finding some guidance, again did not end up with any helpful suggestions.
      Anyhow, what I did as a temporary solution, is that I disallowed the sleep action upon closing the laptop lid, in the power management settings. So, now when I close the laptop lid it won't go to sleep and all seems to be OK.
      Thanks again!
      Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 11, 2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Hi Marco!

Thank you very much for the compliment, but I kind of teeter on the shoulders of the GIANTS, the "old groaners" here at Kubuntu forums... THEY are the real heros...

Much like Napoleon's soldiers... his "old groaners" who go "once more into the breach"... to help folks much better than i will ever be able to do... and, I imagine that one of these days somebody will be complimenting YOU as
        "an old groaner" ..

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X