This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to start KDE on Kubuntu 18.04

I am using Kubuntu 18.04 with all the current updates. Suddenly, while logged on and using the system, the panel at the bottom of the screen disappeared. Don't remember exactly what I was doing at the time that caused the problem. I rebooted the computer, though. The login screen came up and I logged in as normal, the screensaver came up for about 3 seconds, the screen went black and I was unable to do anything. Subsequent attempts to reboot and login yielded the same results: the login screen came up and I logged in, the screensaver would flash for about 3 seconds and all would go black. I was able to press alt-f2 and get to a terminal screen. I various things that I found online and on this forum. Nothing worked.

Okay, since I could get to a alt-f2 terminal, I created a new user and found that all would boot up normally for the new user, but still would not work for the original user. I have pretty much given up on getting the original user to boot all the way to kde. So, I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to give all the original user's rights to the new user, so that the new user can operate as if nothing ever happened.

I should mention that I am dual booting with Windows 10, but the does not seem connected to the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Monon
Working...
X