X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact Kmail WORKS for outlook cloud and gmail

Well.
    HOW MANY TIMES have I posted this same message ONLY to find that a few days or week later it does not!

But, Neon had its kind of semi-normal updates, mainly to the KDE Platform...

And, I happened to click Kontact and it seemed to...work! !! :0

So, I check the e-mail receive client, that always works and then... tentatively checked the send client, with the check button and...WOAH it self tested to work!

So, I TENTATIVELY sent myself an e-mail through the college to me...and it worked!

I sent one to my G-mail account and it worked!

Gmail calendar worked AND...it PRINTED a month correctly and easily! ( still no way to put a picture in a banner, but THAT IS OK!

I did not do contacts or journal or anything because the two important things work, I'll check them and post in follow up replies, if anyone else already has them working please so post.

Although the college has moved to two stage authentication it did not ask for any such... dunno...

I really DO hope that it continues to work!

if anyone has particular questions I will try to answer them, maybe as to which kind of password authentication, port etc.

woodthankfulsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 01, 2020, 04:44 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Kontact, indeed, does both "deliver and read" to use Microsoft(tm) terminology.

Kontact uses:
    "request delivery" for "sent"
    "request disposition" for "read'

NOW things get kinda complicady

The "sent" option works for both NEON and Kubuntu when sending to the Microsoft Cloud Outlook system AND to a gmail account.

The "read" or "dispostion" option works for NEON for BUT NOT for Kubuntu 19.04 . However that may change for Kubuntu for the latest release.

Again, everything else, the calendar, todo, journal all of it works. you name it works for both Kubuntu 1904 and NEON.

And, if there are any questions, comments, additions, please post.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
    X