This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to draw an arrow

I have posted about this before but they are lost in the dungeons.

If you want to "just draw an arrow" on an image GIMP, INKSCAPE all those are waay off into "paths and yada yada" and have gone VERY HIGH END and you have to download and install scripts in odd places etc.

To VERY SIMPLY "draw and arrow", just open it in LibreOffice Draw.

Go to "shape / insert / arrow" and there are the basic arrows. Just click the one you want go to the image and place the cursor and drag it.

As in.

A right arrow, click the right arrow symbol.

Go to where you want the arrow click and drag TO THE RIGHT and you "should" see a "colored arrow" if you kind of nudge the cursor up or down and you can thereby change the thickness of the arrow and release.

Done, simple.

There is also a menu item to the left that will provide all the brushes etc. on the right and if you click shapes then on the right panel you can see all of the different arrows.

I do not see, at this time, a "diagonal arrow"

This is simple enough that a young child can do it.

If anyone has questions please ask.

woodsmoke
    I
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re. I do not see, at this time, a "diagonal arrow", I like https://github.com/ksnip/ksnip.

Arrows, text, rectangles, ellipses ...
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

One of the properties of a non-3D arrow is the RightMouse -->Transformation-->Rotate. Grab the upper right orange dot and drag it to the angle you want, or select one of the other orange dots as the extrema of the rotation.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

chimak111
        Thankee!! I did the snap and had to do both of these for a NEON machine.
        The continuous build version is also available as edge, in order to install it you need to provide the edge flag:
        $ sudo snap install ksnip --edge

One additional step is currently required for snaps, the slot must be connected to the kde framework:
        $ snap connect ksnip:kde-frameworks-5-plug kde-frameworks-5-core18:kde-frameworks-5-core18-slot
        thankee!!!! works like a charm! A YOUNG PERSON COULD EASILY USE THIS!! that is why I can use it!

GreyGeek... well, duuuhhh, I never even tried that! lol

thankee

thank you both!
        woody
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

There's a deb which installs effortlessly as well. None of the wrinkles associated with snaps
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Chimak111
            Hi, yes I tried that but it wouldn't install on NEON... I'm sure it will in Kubtuntu.

I'm seriously thinking about going to all the trouble to install Kubuntu on the work machine but i'd have to move all the stuff in home over and it would be a hassle.

Thanks!!

woody
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X