X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Avaliable Language

Hello

Sorry to be a pain, I did a fresh install.

And under the Available languages it only has American English and I want to install British English and I can seem to find out how to do it. Under Spell Check and Formatting I can select British English not a problem.

Mark

There isn't an Add languages button in the bottom right corner in System Settings > Regional Settings > Language?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

the only one I have in available languages in US English Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200325_214128.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	644618

Comment

How weird indeed...
        I installed Bionic earlier this year and ever since I did it does include languages I've never ever heard about in my life like cestina (with unknown diacritics).
        Got a bad disc?
        Have you ever seen any popup window telling you that there are pending language packages to be installed?
        Last edited by kyonides; Mar 26, 2020, 12:18 AM.
        Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
        Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
        Win 10 sadly
        Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

There was a message but I cant remember of my life what it was. It is no biggy about this. But is there anyway to install the English GB language pack by command line. I have installed with Pen Drive. Used it quite a few times and this is the only time I have noticed it

Comment

Launch Muon Package Manager and search for language.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

In a console enter apt search wbritish . If it is not installed then sudo apt install wbritish.
              Both 'wamerican' and 'wbritish' are on my system but British is the only language I have marked as available in System Settings.

Comment

Thanks will give that a go and see what happens. I will then do another install just to see if same thing happens. The only change is that I have used the
                kubuntu-18.04.4-desktop-amd64

Comment

Working...
                X