This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Libreoffice 6.0.7.3

When I start the Libreoffice Writer application, it now shows a dialog box about a file not being recovered. If I select the Recover button, it errors out, then starts Writer. The specific document while it has been moved, it never had any errors either as I was creating it, or editing it. This only started happening in the past few days. Any thoughts?
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Not sure if this is current, but some time ago, this used to happen a lot, and hitting 'cancel' instead of trying to recover would get around this, and keep it from trying to recover again.
    Or look in ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/backup and move/delete any lock files in there.

Comment

Well, there was nothing in that directory. So I played around with a few other files, but no other recovery errors showed up. So, I went back into Writer, the annoying popup showed, so I started the recovery, then told it to discard the recovery file. I looked in Dolphin, and all the files were in that folder, I never saw any unusual file that could be interpreted as a "recovery file", at any time. So I restarted Writer, and, well, it worked correctly. Not sure why Writer thought that a file needed recovery, but all is well! Thanks!
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

The file is a hidden file like this: .~lock.Rcpts.ods#. So it may not be visible if show hidden files isn't enabled for the folder.
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X