X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wake up from sleep - black screen

Hey all,

I have a Lenovo T495 running 19.10 and problems with sleep/suspend. When running on kernel 5.1.16 I have no issues with suspend but microphone capture is crackly and it looks like this can only be fixed for AMD machines by running 5.3+. When running 5.3.0-40-generic or the other pre-installed 5.3.0-18 I have no mic issues but if I close my laptop and reopen it I'm stuck at a black screen and have to restart manually. Odd thing is that if I leave my laptop open and unplugged and wait for sleep to happen automatically after 10 minutes, it wakes up fine and then (until restart) I can close the lid or suspend without closing and it always wakes up without a problem. But the moment I restart and then try to close my laptop or suspend it (without first letting it happen through a timeout), I'm back to an impossible black screen . Again, don't have this problem at all on 5.1.16 but can't use anything less than 5.3 because of the AMD mic problems. Also installed the latest 5.5 kernel and had the same sleep/suspend issues.

Claydoh pointed me toward some possible fixes in another post, but they revolve around Bluetooth being enabled and I've confirmed that my problem persists even when bluetooth is completely disabled.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/co...endresume_fix/

Any help much appreciated. K

Another data point - I've noticed that whenever I close my lid or click suspend, it happens very quickly. This is the case whether or not I've allowed it to suspend on its own after 10 minutes of inactivity (which solves the black screen on wake up problem). However, when it goes to sleep after a 10-minute timeout it takes almost 10 minutes to do so. Not sure what it's working on in that time that then fixes my black screen/suspend problems afterward until reboot, but thought it might be a useful data point.

Comment

Working...
    X