This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Office] No printing from Okular

I have a Xerox laser (LED) printer and setting it up with the proprietary driver went smooth, it properly prints a test page.

But when I try to print from Okular nothing happens.
    Printing from the Firefox pdf reader works but is slow and faint.

Printing from Master pdf Editor works fast and correct.

Anyone has an idea what could be the problem with Okular?

Running a fully updated Fossa I opened a PDF with Okular and printed a page. It printed fine.
    Did you check the printer queue?

I have an HP LaserJet P1606dn, monochromatic duplex laser, attached to my laptop by a USB cable. When I first boot up anything I print is stuck in the printer queue. To get it to print I have to cycle the power button on the printer so that the printer goes through its initialization phase. Then the items in the print queue print successfully from there on, until I boot up again.

Print output being stuck in the printer queue is a problem I did not experience with either 18.04 or 16.04.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes the job shows up in the queue.
      An interesting observation it will print when restarted!

It works the same here and even better, once this trick is done it will accept new documents without a restart.

Not perfect but workable, the reason I have a laser printer is because I use it so little I was usually faced with dried out inkjet cartridges.

Comment

Working...
      X