Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kmail plus Akonadi plus EWS - are there any happy users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Kmail plus Akonadi plus EWS - are there any happy users?

Hi,

I love Kmail very much but still struggling to make it live with my corporate MS Office365 account - it dies unexpectedly, looses authentication (we have 2FA in use), I can't get access to corporate GAL and so on including less critical but still annoying issues. Any suggestions to make it more stable and usable at all? Now I still forced to turn to Evolution from time to time which lacks some features I like in Kmail but works with EWS like a charm though.

Sad,

Boris.

I was going to comment about this until I almost skipped over your "corporate" requirement. I don't know if Thunderbird, for instance, is a suitable corporate email client. I do know this, that T-bird with Lightning is a great personal client. At work, we are required to use Outlook. But, when on those occasions when Outlook dies, OWA is a almost a perfect sub, except we can't get to our .pst files. Such is the computer-centric life we have in these days.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

We don't have any corporate requirements about email client (at least yet) and I pretty happy with Evolution and its EWS connector, but I do love KDE PIM idea and its cross-integration. So pity that it's still so unstable.

Comment

Working...
      X