This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] No Sound

My sound system has stopped working. I have checked the settings in System Settings > Multimedia > Audio and Video and nothing has changed, Pulseaudio is also present on the Process Table. It is not a hardware issue as I also have Windows 10 and Mint19 on the same machine and the sound is working perfectly there.

I guess a module which is part of the sound system has become corrupted and will need reinstalling - but which ?

Any help gratefully received.

Originally posted by phil1349 View Post
    ... System Settings > Multimedia > Audio and Video ...
    That doesn't get you much; right-click on the volume widget in the system tray gets a little more.

But "Pulse Audio Volume Control", aka pavuctrl, might help. If that's not under the multimedia menu, you can install "pavucontrol". Sometimes alsamixer reveals the problem (it's in the package "alsa-utils"); best used in a wide konsole, on my 19.10 it's 256 columns wide (I mention this because when I first used it in 80 columns I didn't know about the stuff I couldn't see, so didn't think to scroll to the right).
    Regards, John Little

Comment

My thanks to John Little, right-clicking on the widget brought up a box and going to Audio Volume there were 2 entries "Built in Analogue Stereo" and "Simultaneous Output to Built in Analogue Stereo" which was marked as the Default, Changed this back to "Built in Analogue Stereo" as default and all works fine.

I am curious as to where the Simultaneous Output entry came from, I have never seen it before much less selected it but there you go. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X