This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Promise Land

Every since I began using Linux with RH 5.0 on May 1, 1998, there were always things I wanted Linux to do.

Today, a month before 20.04 goes gold, I can say that my 8 year old Acer Aspire V3-771G laptop has entered the Promise Land. Kubuntu with BTRFS, NVidia GT650M and Plasma 5.18.2 is .... amazing. Ten second cold boot times, lightening fast response, cooler operating, LOTS of configurability, and rock solid stable. My CPU is idling at 38C, which is about 7C cooler than pre-5.18 times. SpaceEngine-0.98, Universal Sandbox^2, Minecraft, MultiMC, Kerbal Space, the EKG analytical tool, SageMath, Gimp-2.10.9, HDsentinelGUI, CubicSDR radio, Kdenlive, OBS, and many more work flawlessly.

The only thing that hasn't improved are my Solitaire scores.

To Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu and the KDE dev crew, awesome job guys!
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 29, 2020, 11:08 AM. Reason: Correct application name (CubeSDR > CubicSDR)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Here. here!
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

I glad for you!
      woody
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X