X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focal fossa in my language

Sorry for that post but i have to say.
    In Portuguese "focal fossa" sounds like "Hole of ****" > "fossa fecal".
    Maybe the same in spanish or other languages around the world.

Sorry again

One has to not be culturally biased (and I'm NOT saying you are by your post). Ubuntu has a specific naming scheme for its releases. Please see https://www.fosslinux.com/23517/ubun...n-april-23.htm
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You'll have to complain to Mark Shuttleworth over at Canonical.
      I wonder why no one else has noticed this, as far as I can see

Comment

Likely because there isn't a direct translation to Portuguese for focal fossa. Maybe cultural slang, or that it simply "sounds like". Again, I'm not putting down the OP.

Comment

Such things happen all the time among the languages of the people on this planet.

I was born and raised in the USA. My wife, while having been born elsewhere, has long been very familiar with American English and ways, as well as her own natural language. Not a day goes by when some American word or phrase is uttered in a conversation or in a movie, that she will point out how utterly ridiculous and occasionally "irreverent" that same sound would be in the language of her childhood.

Stuff happens
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            I wonder why no one else has noticed this, as far as I can see
            Actually, I was rather vocal about it four months ago. See post #4

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
              Stuff happens
              Well, if you consider that a Korean car maker sells millions of vehicles labelled as "Killed In Action", in countries where most of the action happens in cars, and a sizeable amount of people get killed in them...

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                Actually, I was rather vocal about it four months ago. See post #4
                I'm talking about the rather significant Portuguese speaking Ubuntu dev and community members not mentioning the supposed expletive, not the usual boring and useless "what a crap name!" whinges that happens all over the interwebs twice a year.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  I'm talking about the rather significant Portuguese speaking Ubuntu dev and community members not mentioning the supposed expletive ...
                  Well, " focal fossa, from a romance-language point of view, sounds suspiciously like "septic tank" *.." also refers to the even more significant Spanish, Italian and French communities...

* Fossa fecal, septic tank... see first post here...
                  Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Feb 23, 2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

This isn't going to go anywhere, won't be productive, and can't be resolved by us anyway. Closing thread before it gets out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X