No announcement yet.

How to change mouse scroll speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to change mouse scroll speed?

I recently installed Kubuntu 19.10. When I use the scroll wheel of my mouse it scrolls very slowly. I want to adjust how many lines it scrolls at a time. But I cannot find any such settings. Is this solvable?

I have two mice, both optical: A Microsoft Sculpt wireless and a Logitech wired one.

Thanks in advance!

Och, it's a mess. If it's scrolling in a browser is your main use, firefox and chrome have loads of config settings for this. In my firefox I set mousewheel.system_scroll_override_on_root_content. enabled to true and adjusted mousewheel.system_scroll_override_on_root_content. vertical.factor.

But otherwise... as far as I could find out, Kubuntu now uses something (driver? X driver?) called "libinput", taking away functionality given by the previous "Evdev". The X properties of my microsoft mouse don't have one to affect the scroll; yours might, I suppose, you could use the xinput command to find out what the properties are and set one there.

You might have a look at this askubuntu post. The imwheel approach might work easily.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Thanks for the advice! In Firefox I was able to adjust it like you described. In Chromium I am now using Wheel Scroll Smoother.

Comment

Working...
      X