This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large fonts in some apps

I just installed Kubuntu 18.04 on the boss's shiny new Crucial SSD hoping to upgrade to 20.04 when it's released but in the meantime there are a couple of niggles. KDE Partition Manager and the Software Properties dialogue both have enormous fonts compared to the rest of the system and I can find nowhere to change them. Menu fonts and the general font are set to Noto Sans 9 but it has no effect on these two applications! I remember having the same problem when I used 18.04 but now I'm on KDE Neon and everything is fine. Her system is completely updated and backports PPA is also enabled.
    Constant change is here to stay!

If this only happens with apps that are running as root, then check that root's font settings match those of your regular user by running "sudo -i systemsettings5"

Comment

Slaps forehead! Of course, why didn't I realise it was root! One of those senior moments, again! Anyway, after running "sudo -i systemsettings5" all the fonts were as per the user BUT I also ran "sudo -i qt5ct" and that was the culprit! The font settings there were for 12 point! Problem solved! Thanks for pointing me down the right path! Cheers!
      Last edited by Beerislife; Feb 10, 2020, 01:57 AM.
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
      X