X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] IP Configuration Was Unavailable

Hello!

Not too recently I bought an Acer Nitro 5, specifically the AN515-42 (Ryzen 2500u & RX 560) variant. I use this primarily for work but something happened during my pursuit of web development and as such I desire to switch operating systems from Windows 10 HE to Linux.

I'm not new to the Linux ecosystem, I've been using Linux Mint for 4 years ever since I started college, but this is my first time with an AMD device, and Kubuntu.

Super quick context:
    The AN515-42 specifically has trouble booting with any distro I throw at it. I always need to put ivrs_ioapic[4]=00:14.0 ivrs_ioapic[5]=00:00.2 on startup otherwise it would never finish booting and be stuck with error messages.

What happened?
    Okay so I run a hidden network in my office, and I'm used to just choosing "connect to hidden network" on other distros, but I understand Network Manager does things differently. I created a new connection, entered my SSID and set Visibility to Hidden Network. Mode is set to Access Point and entered my WPA2 Personal Password. The rest are set to defaults (mostly Automatic).

What actually happens is that Network Manager will constantly try to connect to my hidden network but will always produce the message: Wireless Interface (wlp3s0) IP Configuration Was Unavailable.

Additional Information:

kubuntu@kubuntu:~$ sudo lshw -C network

*-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
    vendor: Qualcomm Atheros
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
    logical name: wlp3s0
    version: 32
    serial: f8:a2:d6:56:d2:dd
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath10k_pci driverversion=5.3.0-18-generic firmware=WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00140-QCARMSWPZ-1 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes
    resources: irq:61 memory:e0200000-e03fffff

side-note: I typed all of this console stuff out on a different machine, kindly inform me if there are typos or mismatched details

I also have an up-to-date version of my BIOS straight from the Acer website. My Secure Boot is also turned off.

Other distros:
    While I do love how KDE Plasma looks, I have tried Ubuntu Budgie as well. I have zero problems connecting to my hidden network on that distro. I've also tried vanilla Ubuntu, and again had no problems connecting to the hidden network, all of which were 19.10.

SOLUTION:
    I may have found the solution to this odd problem, I just used the terminal to add the hidden SSID. To give credit, I used the third post found here: https://superuser.com/questions/1185...ork-on-kubuntu
    Last edited by alphonso06; Feb 07, 2020, 10:32 PM. Reason: left out the detail regarding machine bios version
Working...
X