Adding forum posts to KAgregator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding forum posts to KAgregator

I'm running 20.04 beta and suddenly KAgregator appeared in my system tray. I opened it up and there were several folders to various websites containing their posts.

I decided to add KFN to KAgregator and when I clicked the + button it asked for a URL. What to put there? Does KFN even have such a feed?

EDIT:
    NEVER MIND. All I had to do was put KFN's web address into the URL and KAgregator sorted everything out.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 06, 2020, 01:16 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

That would be https://www.kubuntuforums.net/search...e=vBForum_Post , right?

Comment

If that stops working or anything, the actual RSS xml feed url is https://www.kubuntuforums.net/external.php?type=RSS2
      Last edited by claydoh; Feb 07, 2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        If that stops working or anything, the actual RSS xml feed url is https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/external?type=rss2
        Here is what KAgregator found:
        https://www.kubuntuforums.net/external.php?type=RSS2

I tried your URL out. It fetches the titles OK but when I click on a title it does not populate the content. So, I restored the link KAgregator found and all works well again.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 07, 2020, 11:46 AM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Dang copy pasta bad-eyes-need-new-glasses pebcak!

Fixed. The forum must be forwarding the reader to the actual feed.
          Last edited by claydoh; Feb 07, 2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Had an update this afternoon (2/9/20) for 175 apps. After the update was done I rebooted. Everything appeared to come back up normally. KAgregator was highlighted in the system tray. I clicked on it to open it. ALL my feeds were gone. My attempts to re-add KubuntuForums has failed. I cannot add any feeds to the app.

EDIT:
            Unwilling to give up I reopened the Kagregator UI and noticed that "all feeds", which still had "0" msgs associated with it, now had a right carot prefixed. I clicked on that carot and all the feeds showed up, with KubuntuForumsNet appearing 5 times. I deleted 4 of them. Now things are back to normal.
            Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 09, 2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Well, you can always change the menu entry to HacKgregator

Comment

Hi
                this is really very simple.
                a) WHEN LOGGED INTO THE FORUMS... go up to "the url box", for me in Firefox it has on the right "three dots" , a "pocket" symbol and a star for favoriting.
                b) click the three dots, or whatever symbol is there in your browser and you "should" see several options, one of which will be "copy link", or some such and click that and it "should" pop a box and say "link copied to clipboard".
                c) Open Kontact and go to the feeds tab.
                d) click "new feed" and a box should AUTOMATICALLY POP and it will be add new source and the copied feed URL will AUTOMAGICALLY be in the box.
                e) click that ..
                f) I , PARTICULARLY, found the feed under the links in the left column labled "Kubuntu".
                It will be labled in bold black "Kubuntu Forums" and it automagically loaded the present day's posts. the titles, for me, are in "red" showing that they are UNread.

If there are any questions please ask.
                woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                X