Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow USB copy compared to 18.04

Hello Kubuntu users,

i have had some freezes and some other glitches on my productive Kubuntu 18.04 system, so i decided to try Kubuntu 19.10. Now i have encountered a problem with usb transfer on Kubuntu 19.10.
    When doing a backup with FreeFileSync to an external harddrive via usb3, the transfer is very very slow on 19.10 compared to 18.04.
    Has anyone also encountered this behavior? Any solution?

I don't know if it's important, but in both cases the OS runs from an sd card over usb. I have made the systems with Systemback, to have my own Kubuntu with me everywhere i need my stuff on other computers.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
    Last edited by mcflash; Jan 31, 2020, 07:39 AM.

The same exact sd cards in both cases? Even two different cards of the same exact model can have different read/write speeds, and the age and number of read/writes on them can also have an effect.

I used to run Plasma on my chromebooks via the sdcard, both using an adapter and built-in slot. Even using faster Samsung cards , things would get slow at times. I moved to fast, slim usb3 sticks, and speeds (and reliability) improved immensely.
    So I would start looking at the cards first.

I have never heard of nor used FreeFileSync, so I can't say if this is something to do with that program. I see a number of posts on their forum relating to speed issues in various scenarios, but I did not dig too deep into it.

Comment

Working...
    X