Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual monitor settings get lost every now and then ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Dual monitor settings get lost every now and then ..

Hi, since about one year, I realize that every now and then my dual monitor settings get messed up.

It started already in 18.04 LTS which was the reason why I switch on the install I'm talking about to 19.10 but basically it (at least as far as I can remember) it is the same story.

I admit that I could not invest too much time to figure out what really happens, so here only why I experience as symptoms: Every now and then (I guess after installing updates) the machine boots, when kubuntu shows the login screen both(!) screens are active!!!! However, as soon as I log in one screen gets deactivated. When I go to plasma settings, no surprise, the screen is activated, however, I see both screens. When I actually activate the second one surprisingly one of the screens seems to disappear. However, the screen is not gone! The screens change positions (why) and the result is that one is hidden behind the other.

What I need to do (after reactivating the deactivated screen) is to move them into the desired position and define the main screen again then things seem to work again as I want have them.

From my experience this behavior only occurs on complete reboot. When the machine goes to hibernation every thing is stable. Unfortunately, I need to reboot every now and then because sometimes the machine refuses to wake up from hibernation. I cannot tell whether the forced shutdown by the power button has a direct effect on the behavior described above.

But even if it had, I do not understand why any update, forced shutdown (by power off) or crash should actually reset the settings for the screens once the settings are stored.
Working...
X