This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Menu icons screwed up

As noted elsewhere, I've barely used my 19.10 laptop in recent weeks. I definitely have neither changed any settings, nor deleted/edited/moved any configuration files. But regardless, my menu's icons have gone berserk! Have a look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	xtmp_kmenu_011920_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	649579

NONE is correct. I've gone in and looked at each entry's icon in KDE Menu Manager--and every single one is correct, i.e., the default.

Given that they're already correct, I've tried changing them, saving my changes, and checking the menu--no change. I've put them back to default, saved, checked--no change.

It seems like some file has gotten corrupted somehow, but I'm still lost when it comes to all this new-fangled stuff [after LEAPING from 14.04 to 19.10].

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
    Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Clear the icon cache? I have a file called .cache/icon-cache.kcache, 11 MB, last updated minutes ago; its name suggests it could be such.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      Clear the icon cache? I have a file called .cache/icon-cache.kcache, 11 MB, last updated minutes ago; its name suggests it could be such.
      Thanks. I'll do that and post an update.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Nope. That didn't do it. So everything in my OP is still exactly the same.

Comment

For starters, it looks like you're not using the standard Breeze/Breeze Dark icon theme.

I don't know a "kde" command to find the icon theme in use, but, if you have neofetch installed, neofetch --stdout will give you that info.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
            For starters, it looks like you're not using the standard Breeze/Breeze Dark icon theme.
            And why would that suddenly make my menu icons not only randomly change, but become unchangeable when I edit them?

I don't know a "kde" command to find the icon theme in use, but, if you have neofetch installed, neofetch --stdout will give you that info.
            Thanks, but I don't need to find that info. I know exactly which icons I'm using--they're the same ones I've carried with me for many years. They were one of the first things I installed in November after upgrading this specific laptop.

They've never affected my menu's icons before, and don't see how/why they would now--out of the blue...on a nearly unused computer...

Comment

Working...
            X