Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where in the lock widgets option in 5.17.90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I have on 20.04:

Code:
    dkb@dkb-kuff:~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids$ ls -lR
    .:
    total 4
    drwxrwxr-x 3 dkb dkb 4096 Jan 23 22:16 org.kde.paneltransparencybutton

./org.kde.paneltransparencybutton:
    total 36
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dkb dkb   191 Jan 23 22:16 CHANGELOG.md
    drwxrwxr-x 4 dkb dkb  4096 Jan 23 22:16 contents
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dkb dkb 18092 Jan 23 22:16 LICENSE
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dkb dkb   527 Jan 23 22:16 metadata.desktop
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dkb dkb  1235 Jan 23 22:16 README.md

./org.kde.paneltransparencybutton/contents:
    total 8
    drwxrwxr-x 2 dkb dkb 4096 Jan 23 22:16 config
    drwxrwxr-x 2 dkb dkb 4096 Jan 23 22:16 ui

./org.kde.paneltransparencybutton/contents/config:
    total 4
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dkb dkb 457 Jan 23 22:16 main.xml

./org.kde.paneltransparencybutton/contents/ui:
    total 8
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dkb dkb 4533 Jan 23 22:16 main.qml
    dkb@dkb-kuff:~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids$
    This is a clean install of 20.04 (full version) in a VM and fully updated.

I obtained the button with Get New Widgets choosing v0.2.
    Then, by right-clicking on the Desktop and choosing Customize Layout > Add widgets, I dragged the button widget on to the panel. I've found that a bit tricky! Sometimes, a dragged widget is invisible!!!

Code:
    dkb@dkb-kuff:~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.paneltransparencybutton$ cat CHANGELOG.md 
    ### CHANGELOG

#### Version 0.2
    * support only Plasma Desktop>=5.18

#### Version 0.1

* use Switch element for activating/disabling panel transparency
    * hide when plasma widgets are locked

dkb@dkb-kuff:~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.paneltransparencybutton$
    In the following images:

1 is before installing the widget
    2 is immediately after installing it without turning on transparency. The top yellow box has the button. The bottom yellow box shows that the panel is in "configure/edit/unlocked" mode.
    3 is after turning on transparency. The panel background is gone and the button looks different but the bottom icon is still there showing that the panel is still in "configure/edit/unlocked" mode.
    4. Now the button is invisible and the bottom icon is gone. I did that by closing the small panel that appears by right-clicking on the Desktop and choosing Customize Layout.
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Yes, it works just fine. It was just me doing the Do B. rather than the Don B... ;·)
      One thing... long-clicking on the desktop might be half a millisecond faster than right-clicking on the Desktop and choosing Customize Layout

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
        One thing... long-clicking on the desktop might be half a millisecond faster than right-clicking on the Desktop and choosing Customize Layout
        1: so please inform the dev that all is well with v0.2, & that the button is much appreciated!
        2: Nice to know the long click route!
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
          1: so please inform the dev that all is well with v0.2, & that the button is much appreciated!
          I already did

Comment

This maybe of interest: How To Lock Widgets in Plasma 5.18 Beta

To lock widgets, run:
            Code:
            qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell evaluateScript "lockCorona(true)"
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
              This maybe of interest: How To Lock Widgets in Plasma 5.18 Beta

To lock widgets, run:
              Code:
              Updated my Neon to 5.18, which was released today, and had my widgets previously locked (in 5.17.5). After upgrading, widgets were still locked without an obvious way to unlock (so I couldn't get into the normal or edit mode).
              So this came in handy, using "false" instead of "true" to unlock. Just a head's up if someone else runs into the same when upgrading to 5.18.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                Updated my Neon to 5.18, which was released today, and had my widgets previously locked (in 5.17.5). After upgrading, widgets were still locked without an obvious way to unlock (so I couldn't get into the normal or edit mode).
                So this came in handy, using "false" instead of "true" to unlock. Just a head's up if someone else runs into the same when upgrading to 5.18.
                https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=417424

Fixed in Kubuntu. Just waiting to see if Neon main devs want to patch, or wait for 5.18.1
                On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Long-click on the desktop - or right-click and Customize Layout - really seems to unlock the widgets on 5.18 here (neon Testing, had a full .18 for a few days now).

[EDIT] What I see is, if I do that (all windows close, just the top configure/add widgets remains), hovering over the (analog) clock allows me to move, resize, etc. whereas in locked mode it doesn't, it shows the calendar.
                  Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Feb 11, 2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                    Long-click on the desktop - or right-click and Customize Layout - really seems to unlock the widgets on 5.18 here (neon Testing, had a full .18 for a few days now).
                    This does not work in Neon if you had your widgets locked on 5.17 before upgrading to 5.18 (or the beta), "customize layout" is disabled and long-click does nothing..see the bug. Once you've unlocked (with the dbus query), things work as they should (and as you described).

You can see what I mean if you run:
                    Code:
                    to undo, just run
                    Code:
                    qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell evaluateScript "lockCorona(false)"
                    These set/unset the "true" locked mode, where editing is not possible via the GUI

EDIT: I think the bug is fixed in Neon as well, with the latest updates
                    EDIT2: it is, plasma-desktop-data...build73
                    Last edited by kubicle; Feb 11, 2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                      This does not work in Neon if you had your widgets locked on 5.17 before upgrading
                      Well, that would explain it, I think the last time I locked the widgets was in 1917 or thereabouts

Comment

Working...
                      X