Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where in the lock widgets option in 5.17.90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, well. See post #4.
    It's there, but it isn't

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
      Yes, well. See post #4.
      It's there, but it isn't
      Forgot that!

BTW, it's still v0.1. I checked the metadata.desktop file.

Edit: /home/dkb/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.paneltransparencybutton/metadata.desktop still has

X-KDE-PluginInfo-Version=0.1
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Yes, well. See post #4.
        It's there, but it isn't
        Yup, this is likely just an omission. No one probably has thought of removing the option from the contextual menu configuration (even if the functionality is no longer there in 5.18)...so this is a bug that should get fixed eventually (probably not a release stopper, though, so it might need to wait for minor bug-fix releases for 5.18 (and someone to report it )).
        Last edited by kubicle; Jan 22, 2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          so it might need to wait for minor bug-fix releases for 5.18 (and someone to report it )).
          https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=416578
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Apparently, "after you install v0.2.0 you need to restart your desktop in order to check it out. "
            Which I have - rebooted, I was away - but I can't see any button anyway...

Comment

Apparently, "after you install v0.2.0 you need to restart your desktop in order to check it out. "
              Which I have - rebooted, I was away - but I can't see any button anyway...
              I rebooted my VM as well.

Code:
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=org.kde.paneltransparencybutton
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Version=0.2.0
              So that's good!

Now, something spooky is going on! Now, if I right-click on the panel "Unlock widgets" or "lock widgets" is right in my face! All there was today was an update to kmenuedit.

The transparency button is now working as intended. Unlocking widgets shows it, locking widgets hides it.

Oh, and unlock widgets appears in the context menu.

And I have somehow regressed to 5.17.5!!!! Crazy!

Edit: somehow the beta ppa disappeared. So I put it back and I'm on 5.17.90 again.
              <<< because I booted into the wrong VM.

And the panel transparency button is still working as it should.
              Last edited by chimak111; Jan 22, 2020, 10:43 AM.
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Let me get this straight.
                You're back on .90 and the Lock/Unlock Widgets is still there, or are you using something else to show/hide the button?
                Just to let the dev know...

Comment

I'm very sorry for all the confusion.

I'm back on 5.17.90.
                  The lock/unlock widget option is not there.
                  No matter what I try, I can't hide the plasma transparency widget in the panel.
                  But really, it doesn't matter. Having it always visible isn't a problem for me. I'd rather have it available even if it means it's always visible.
                  Thanks to the latte-dock developer for this!
                  Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Seems like Nate already picked up your bug report and submitted a patch:
                    https://phabricator.kde.org/D26845

Comment

Seems like Nate already picked up your bug report and submitted a patch:
                      https://phabricator.kde.org/D26845
                      Thanks for the update!

One more question! Please look at the image posted by dbc in post #4 in this thread: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/attach...4&d=1579622009

What does the first entry, [Other Actions] mean? Is it necessary?
                      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
                        What does the first entry, [Other Actions] mean? Is it necessary?
                        At a glance, that looks like the "place holder" for several actions (Create New..., Icons..., Paste, Refresh etc.) that are only available if you use the "Folder View" layout in desktop settings (it has no effect on the "Desktop" layout).

Comment

At a glance, that looks like the "place holder" for several actions (Create New..., Icons..., Paste, Refresh etc.) that are only available if you use the "Folder View" layout in desktop settings (it has no effect on the "Desktop" layout).
                          Thanks for clearing that up! I don't use Folder View and so was wondering.
                          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Hrrumph.
                            This is starting to prey on my mind, so, I have to ask.
                            I have v.0.2 of the Transparency button.
                            It looks correctly installed:
                            Code:
                            $ plasmapkg2 -i paneltransparencybutton-0.2.0.plasmoid
                            Error: Installation of /home/not/Downloads/paneltransparencybutton-0.2.0.plasmoid failed: /home/not/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.paneltransparencybutton already exists

--------------------

$ ll /home/not/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.paneltransparencybutton
                            total 44
                            drwxrwxr-x 3 not not  4096 Jan 22 11:14 ./
                            drwxr-xr-x 6 not not  4096 Jan 22 11:14 ../
                            -rw-rw-r-- 1 not not   191 Jan 22 11:14 CHANGELOG.md
                            drwxrwxr-x 4 not not  4096 Jan 22 11:14 contents/
                            -rw-rw-r-- 1 not not 18092 Jan 22 11:14 LICENSE
                            -rw-rw-r-- 1 not not   527 Jan 22 11:14 metadata.desktop
                            -rw-rw-r-- 1 not not  1235 Jan 22 11:14 README.md
                            I have no such buttons. Not in hidden icons, not anywhere.
                            So, it says, "exit Configure Layout desktop mode in order to hide the transparency button completely".
                            Which I take to mean that if I am not in "Configure Layout desktop mode" it won't show. Fair enough.
                            But conversely, I take to mean that if I am in "Configure Layout desktop mode" it will show.

So I long-click on the desktop, all windows - including conky, but excluding the clock, wallpaper and panel - disappear, I get a "configure desktop" thinglet at the top of the screen and a "configure panel" icon bottom right, but no buttons.
                            Now, is "Configure Layout desktop mode" something else? Or what am I doing wrong?
                            I realise it's trivial, I just don't like failing this stupidly.

Comment

A cilly question, but are you sure you have actually added the widget to your panel?
                              The "add widget" -panel should show a number of activated widgets (1) for the widget in question if you have added the widget.

Just asking because it seems to work (sort of) for chimak.

Comment

It was there. It didn't have the (1) but it had the Trash Thing so I assumed...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ptbw.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	644544

And there you go about assumption being the brother... mother... whatever...
                                So I double-clicked it, and in Desktop editing mode, it's there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_smile_blush.gif
Views:	8
Size:	845 Bytes
ID:	644545

Comment

Working...
                                X