No announcement yet.

Krusader won't load by any means after installing proprietary Nvidia drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krusader won't load by any means after installing proprietary Nvidia drivers

Before I forget I want to say that Dolphin seems to be working just fine.
    So I just installed version 440.44 for Nvidia as well as some benchmarking program that installs along with the PPA repository - phoronix-test-suite IIRC. After rebooting and setting up my monitors to share between the machines (I also am running Synergy KVM between 2 machines), suddenly I can't get krusader to open at all. I've tried using different links in K menu as well as on the terminal and this is the output when I run it in terminal:

16:30:48.237-debug default unknown@0 # System icon theme: "breeze"
    16:30:48.306-warning default unknown@0 # QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
    16:30:48.307-warning default unknown@0 # QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
    16:30:48.314-warning default unknown@0 # Trying to convert empty KLocalizedString to QString.

Running it as "sudo krusader"
    sudo krusader
    [sudo] password for user:
    16:57:40.603-warning default unknown@0 # QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
    16:57:40.604-warning default unknown@0 # QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
    16:57:40.670-debug default unknown@0 # System icon theme: "hicolor"
    Cannot connect to the D-BUS session bus.
    To start it, run:
    eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`
    16:57:40.749-warning default unknown@0 # QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
    16:57:40.751-warning default unknown@0 # QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
    16:57:40.758-warning default unknown@0 # Trying to convert empty KLocalizedString to QString.
    16:57:40.800-warning default unknown@0 # QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set
    DBus Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected, Not connected to D-Bus server
    DBus Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected, Not connected to D-Bus server

When I check KSysGuard, I see that there is an instance of Krusader running for each time I try to start it, so they have to be closed manually.

I've never really had to troubleshoot things like this andI was trying to not have to uninstall or purge the program b/c I spent a lot of time setting up the config (finally got it customized) and now I can't find a config file anywhere for it. I thought it woudl be in ~/.kde/share/config/ or ~/.kde/share/apps/ or even ~/.local/share/krusader/ but I can't find it anywhere.

Can anyone suggest any steps to help figure out what is going on here?

What PPA(s)? Are you saying you also explicitly installed the test suite?

The official Ubuntu driver ppa does not provide the phoronix test suite, though I imagine that this likely has no bearing on Krusader.
    https://launchpad.net/~graphics-driv...ive/ubuntu/ppa

The config should be ~/.config/krusaderrc

What is the krusader version?
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=409447

Comment

Dbus problem... I suggest checking krusader in another user, preferably "vanilla", using default settings. If it doesn't work there, a purge and reinstall might help.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

A few quick notes in addition to those already posted:
        Originally posted by KDE5FAN View Post
        Running it as "sudo krusader"
        Don't do that, you're just asking for problems. If you use sudo with GUI apps, always use an option that sets the $HOME variable properly, like 'sudo -i krusader'

Originally posted by KDE5FAN View Post
        I thought it woudl be in ~/.kde/share/config/ or ~/.kde/share/apps/ or even ~/.local/share/krusader/ but I can't find it anywhere.
        $HOME/.kde is KDE4 legacy, KDE5 follows the xdg-spec, and puts app data in $HOME/.local/share and configs in $HOME/.config

Comment

Working...
        X