X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Lost 24hour format

Hi.
    I've noticed a few months ago, and I have been banging my head against the wall trying to fix it, that thunderbird no longer has 24hour in the calander.
    It took a lot of digging but it's the OS
    I'm using kubuntu 18.04 LTS and I have be through each setting twice, and for the life of me the 24hour version of clock has dissappeared.

When I orriginalty set my PC up 18 months ago, I an 90% sure I had 24hour format

So.
    Di I need to downlaod some addon or app or newly improved setting?

and no I am not fixing my spelling mistakes. I am to tired and frustrated.
    tahnnsiks
    thanks

The only setting for 24 hour that I can find is in the digital clock settings on the Panel. My region is set to Tokyo and it's set to 24 hours by default.
    Last edited by Beerislife; Jan 20, 2020, 02:16 AM.
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
      The only setting for 24 hour that I can find is in the digital clock settings on the Panel. My region is set to Tokyo and it's set to 24 hours by default.
      Thanks Beerislife & Don'tdrink'nDrive.
      That's the only 24Hr setting I could find.

Does anyone know know of any Ye Olde methods of forcing a system wide 24Hr clock?
      Or
      Can anyone confirm that KDE Plasma 5 development has been taking over millennial's?

It's stupid. My clock is 24Hr, but every other program that uses time, is 12Hr.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
        It's stupid.
        I agree. But, I'm not from the US. I think "12/31/2020 02:00 A.M." is contemptible. (If you're going to use a 12 hour time. the British 2:00am is quite clear.)

But someone in deep inside Qt decided that date and time formats belong the region and that everyone in the same region should use the same format. They actively defeat the "internationalization" system that's part of Linux, which is totally flexible (albeit complicated to set up). KDE is built with Qt, so were stuck with that terrible decision.

The only expedient is to choose another country's formats. Fortunately, there's enough English speakers in Denmark, so I, and a lot of users, set Time to Denmark - English in system settings, you might give that a try.

However, not all of our software is Qt based, a lot of it is based on GTK and because we're not running Gnome the settings are limited. A lot of other software is web-based and if this is from the US, American dates are what you get. There's browser extensions to fix dates, but they break quickly, and usually only work for specific sites, f.ex. Gmail.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

He said contemptible. I had to snicker.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
          X