Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I reply with the same quotes than my last reply...
    Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
    Today I real all about this link and sub links, yes, confirmed, its a bug of kde with GPU's AMD.
    Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
    Thunderbird does that when you copy the settings (/home) over. Annoying.
    On installation, it makes a subfolder in ~/.thunderbird with a random name, like qtd69pq.default-release.
    On your other installation, it was called s0mth1n.d1ff3rnt.release.

So you should:
    Close Thunderbird
    Make a copy of your r4and0m-n4me.release folder (just in case).
    Rename the one containing your mail and settings to what it is called on the new install.
    Open Thunderbird and see if it finds your mail.
    If it doesn't, rinse,repeat, check for errors in names or procedure, or search for it, I'm going from memory here :·)
    About Thunderbird, yesterday I wrote very fast and sleepy.I made a mistake, I backed up my TB folder using root (hard drive backup destination is also ext4) so ​​some file "modified" owner and / or permissions, for that reason, kubuntu 20.04 gave me that message when opening.
    Today calmly I saw that both 18.04 and 20.04 use the same version of TB, so that made me start researching.
    After being able to reset owner and permissions in all my / home / thunderbird folder, I could already open it in 20.04 without any problem.
    Finding out, although perhaps due to lack of time and many things in my head, it took me a few hours.

About 20.04 and 18.04 with this bug:
    Right now I have both versions installed, 20.04 is very good, promises a lot, is almost almost finished, I see some detail that remains to be polished, "I could" work with her, for now, I keep her to see if I develop, but after seeing the new KDE version and some functions, I am even more looking forward to the release date.

About the bug of 18.04, I read all the threads and sub-threads that the partner comments, it is a bug that affects all of us who have AMD GPU, at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ (although it indicates fedora but many users talk about other distributions) there is a ppa I think that officer that corrects the problem. I have installed it and fixed the problem.

At the moment both operational versions 100%, maybe continue with 18.04 for work, 20.04 I will see and little by little, the transition to 20.04.

Very thankful!

Comment

I have the same problem. Looking for answers lead me here. I too have considered re-installing, but am really trying to avoid it. I thought maybe there is a way to repair the installation, but so far I haven't found it.

Comment

Originally posted by paydaydaddy View Post
        I have the same problem. Looking for answers lead me here. I too have considered re-installing, but am really trying to avoid it. I thought maybe there is a way to repair the installation, but so far I haven't found it.
        If you read my answer correctly you will see that I have solved it without reinstalling.
        The problem comes with a default xserver update for AMD graphics cards.
        This is the bug in launchpad, although as I said, it is Fedora, but users of other distributions, including ubuntu and kubuntu, report it.
        This is the fix:
        Post 38

You need the add the ppa: ppa:canonical-x/x-staging
        Then reload and install the updates.
        Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by wonder View Post
          20.04 is very good, promises a lot, is almost almost finished, I see some detail that remains to be polished,
          I for one would be interested in knowing which details you find in need of polishing.
          Maybe you could talk about them in this thread, about 20.04 testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
            I for one would be interested in knowing which details you find in need of polishing.
            Maybe you could talk about them in this thread, about 20.04 testing?
            Yes, of course!
            I was have installed 2 or 3 days, but I rememeber all details of 20.04.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
            X