This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Libreoffice F1 displaying Import context instead of help

Just noticed this and wondering if any LibreOffice experts know how to fix this:

LibreOffice 6.3.4.2 installed, US English help files installed, language in LO set as EN-US...

Every time I hit F1 I get a pop-up window titled "Import Options" like somehow F1 is set to Import rather than Help. When I try and edit the LibreOffice keyboard commands, F1 is grayed out. I've tested F1 with other programs and it works as expected.

Just to make it more fun, once the Import Options window opens, it too has a "Help" button in it, which opens yet another Import Options window...

Please Read Me

Here, running Kubuntu 20.04 on my laptop, LibreOffice is also version 6.3.4.2, and when it's running, pressing F1 launches Firefox with the LibreOffice 6.3 Help page displayed, so it is working for me.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, that's the normal functionality if you don't have the help files installed. I do have them installed, but not working. Maybe Ill try clearing the settings folder from my home. Maybe it's a bad item in there from an older version.

Please Read Me

Comment

Nope, that didn't help.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Yeah, that's the normal functionality if you don't have the help files installed. I do have them installed, but not working. Maybe Ill try clearing the settings folder from my home. Maybe it's a bad item in there from an older version.
          (emphasis added by Snowhog)

Not sure what you mean. In my LibreOffice installation (default install from the 20.04 installation), libreoffice-help-common and libreoffice-help-en-us are installed, and from what I can discern, are the ONLY (US/American) help files for LibreOffice.
          This package contains the common files (e.g. language-independent, media) files for the LibreOffice Help.
          This package contains the help of LibreOffice in English_american.
          Is/are there other help packages you have installed?
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 13, 2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Purged the Ubuntu version and installed the downloaded version from LO and now F1works. Still doesn't find the local help tho, always goes to the 'net

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              (emphasis added by Snowhog)

Not sure what you mean. In my LibreOffice installation (default install from the 20.04 installation), libreoffice-help-common and libreoffice-help-en-us are installed, and from what I can discern, are the ONLY (US/American) help files for LibreOffice.

Is/are there other help packages you have installed?
              Everything I've read says if you install the "help" deb package, it opens a local help instead of the web help. Maybe that's out of date info. Bummer, 'cause I hate web browser based help.

Please Read Me

Comment

I just discovered it is opening the help locally, they just use html now so it opens in a browser. The evidence was in the URL bar:

file:///opt/libreoffice6.3/help/en-US/...

Please Read Me

Comment

Hehe. Sometimes it's as simple as "I have eyes, yet I do not see."

Comment

Working...
                  X