.desktop Files No Longer Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] .desktop Files No Longer Work

Ihave created .desktop files on my desktop for Cura and Slic3r. Theypoint to the AppImage files in my home directory. They worked at onetime but now they do not. The AppImage files are still there and Ihave not made any changes to any of the files. I double click on the.desktop files and the title bar of the app appears at the bottom ofmy screen but then quickly goes away. Nothing else ever happens. Both.desktop files are similar in content but here is what I have in theCura.desktop file:

Code:
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3][DesktopEntry][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Type=Application[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Name=Cura[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Comment=Cura[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Icon=/home/username/Pictures/cura.png[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Exec=/home/username/cura.AppImage[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Terminal=true[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Categories=Cura;Design[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Name[en_US]=Cura.desktop[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Iam just trying to keep it simple at this point. I am new at creatingthese files. I have this on other computers and it is still workingon them. Also, if I double click on the AppImage files, the apps loadjust fine so it must be something with the .desktop files that Icreated. I do not know what happened and why and certainly not how tomake it work again.

Some things that I have done different are terminal, I set to false. Name[en_us], I omit the .desktop. It's the same as the name above. Categories, I omit al together. I usually get error msgs within KDE and I checked syntax and all was good, so I just don't bother with those anymore on Plasma based OSs.

I'm going to assume that you changed the actual account name to 'username' in '/home/username/...' for your posting on here.

I'm not saying that any one of these changes may be the culprit, just some things that I've noticed that are different between yours and mine.
    Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

That worked! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X