X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HiddenChest Game Engine

HiddenChest Game Engine

An GPL version 2 Open Source Project

HiddenChest is a game engine I have been developing since a fellow developer namely Ancurio rejected the idea of supporting multiple window resolutions for RGSS based games. So I started learning C++ to add more resolutions and several other options that might be visually appealing for an audience that did not fill satisfied with neither the default RGSS game engine (closed source), namely RPG Maker XP, VX and VX Ace series, and the basic independent mkxp implementation, an open source project. So I just "forked" mkxp, at the time I ignored how to do that on GitHub so it appears as if HiddenChest were unrelated to the parent engine's code. XD

I created a new repository after I changed the way the engine would work on Linux, meaning I would separate some code to build a shared object library called libhiddenchest.so XD Yeah, I know, how original! :P The base repository has been online since November 2019!

I would post a lot of screenshots I have taking so far but I do not find any way to embed them here without taking too much space... :S

Short Feature List
    • Multiple window resolutions and can be changed in game as well
    • Save screenshots
    • Flip images horizontally and vertically
    • Use curious shaders like vignettes or sepia tone or any other colors using the current map as a background
    • Self opening and closing in game windows
    • Checks like pixels with alpha level set at 255
    • In game error message windows - for developers' use
    • In game error message splash scene - built-in
    • Full keyboard + mouse + gamepad support
    • Font outline, underline, strikethrough and shadow effects
    • Fixed a bug that both the closed source and mkxp projects shared - the dreadful F12 Reset Bug!

The link below also includes a link to Box.com where I have uploaded precompiled binaries you can immediately test on Kubuntu 18.04 LTS!

Last edited by kyonides; Jan 10, 2020, 10:59 PM. Reason: Added history facts
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
    Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008
Working...
X