KDEPartitionManager is bugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEPartitionManager is bugged

When I right-click on a partition and select edit mount point, then click the select button which is expected to bring up the directory chooser, I get,
    Code:
    Unable to create io-slave. Can not create socket for launching io-slave protocol 'file'.
    I am adding two disks to with KDEpartition Manager so the program will ask me if it can add them to fstab. Yes, I already created the folders for the two mount points.
    BTW: Grammarly says the sentence Can not create socket for launching io-slave protocol 'file'. Should be, Can not create a socket... I suspect a non-English speaking person wrote that or it was an oversight. Does anyone proofread the language translations?
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

This is possibly a known bug in the program, and fixed in its next version, which seems to still not available in Kubuntu, not until 20.04.
    I suggest trying gparted for the time being.

As to grammer does Grammarly have a Computerese language option??

Comment

Sometimes technical language omits unnecessary articles in order to emphasize important words and/or to save space. The missing 'a' is not really important for understanding the sentence, is it? English is one the most compact technical languages, along with German. Just check out the different translations in any international multilingual instruction set. I speak Spanish, French and Portuguese and technical sentences are always much longer in those languages than in English.

Comment

Working...
      X