Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse scrolling annoyances. how do I fix these?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse scrolling annoyances. how do I fix these?

Using KDE 5.12.9 from the backports, recently a fresh install to downgrade from Kubuntu 19.10 (Major issues with that release)

My question is how do I disable the ability for the mouse scroll wheel to do the following things?

Switch between open windows, when scrolling on the Task manager panel
    Switch between open tabs, when scrolling on the tab panel of any open window

I was able to stop it from switching between desktops, when scrolling on the desktop. The idea is to have the mouse only scroll the inner window contents, or scrolling through menus. No switching of windows, tabs, etc, regardless of mouse placement.

I have a few handicaps, and these features are consistently triggered, but actually useless to me personally. I'm also coming from Windows, which doesn't behave this way.

Well most if not all of these are program settings not necessarily mouse settings, meaning you might have to change the app itself. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. For example, if you right-click on your task manager there's an option under behavior "Cycle through tasks with mouse wheel" that you can turn off.

Please Read Me

Comment

Not too bad! I found the option in the Task manager's config, so that stops me from scrolling through open windows on the task manager.

Apps however (Kate, and Google Chrome as prime examples) don't seem to have such options. I know for a fact that Chrome does not, as I've used Chrome for years, and it doesn't behave that way in Windows. I've also gone through the various settings in Kate, and can't find anything even remotely related.

Comment

Working...
      X