This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to deal with .svgz?

Suppose I want to modify /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/components/artwork/shutdown_primary.svgz? How do I do so?

I know it's a compressed file and I can uncompress and edit the resulting .svg file. But then how do I get it back to .svgz and is .svgz really necessary?
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

Inkscape should be able to handle it. The question is does it matter if it needs to be plain or the regular Inkscape version (biggest difference that I can tell has to do with how much markup is in the file) of that compressed format. As to is it necessary, I can only think if it is if whatever is calling that file is looking specifically for that file with that specific extension.
    Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
      Suppose I want to modify /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/components/artwork/shutdown_primary.svgz? How do I do so?
      .svgz is just a gzipped .svg, most svg editors (like inkscape) can open and save in .svgz format without needing to decompress first

But then how do I get it back to .svgz
      you can compress it with 'gzip file.svg' and change the resulting filename from file.svg.gz to file.svgz, or alternatively
      you can do 'gzip -c file.svg > file.svgz' (this will also keep the original unzipped file)

and is .svgz really necessary?
      No, it just makes the file size smaller, unzipped .svg files work just as well in themes.

Comment

Thank you!
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X