This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTRFS Send Gone Sideways?

I did a BTRFS send to my drive, but it stalled out. It was doing a xattr write for several hours on a 20GB .mp4 file.

I figured that something went wrong and tried to CTRL + C it, but it didn't work and continued to try to continue. So I searched for the process using ps aux | grep send, but nothing came up, it was like the process died, ditto for searching for receive grep returned nothing.

These aren't the real problems though. My disk usage is at 100% (Using only half the disk). I have full disk encryption on, and for some reason the snapshot I took earlier seems to be taking up the rest of the space.

I deleted the snapshots, but the non-comit version of delete was used.

There are no more subvolumes on the disk (Using
    Code:
    sudo btrfs subvolume list /
    ), but usage is still at 100%

How can I fix this 100% disk issue? There appear to be no more subvolumes to delete.

Firstly, are you sure it is at 100%? The output of sudo btrfs fi df / can be misleading; it misled me at first. I suggest comparing the "used" numbers with the size of the partition (or the device if there's no partition).

Secondly, the btrfs may be irreparably borked. This happened to my main Kubuntu btrfs a few months ago. I only found the problem when a btrfs send failed. I was able to copy the important subvolumes to another drive, using rsync; I suggest you do that as soon as possible, maybe using a live USB if Kubuntu won't boot. I ended up wiping and recreating the btrfs. I wasted many hours and curses trying to fix it; the fs went from bad to worse. If I'd gone straight to repaving, and copying from the backups I'd have been done in half an hour.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X