This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Kwallet no longer saves password for VPN secrets/openconnect

Kwallet used to remember my password when connecting to my VPN, but now it doesn't want to. This happened after I had issues mounting smb shares, so I deleted all my passwords in my KDE wallet. I've tried restoring my .config, .local, and .kde from a backup when it was working, but it didn't seem to help. It saves my server, group, and username, but not the password. I've also tried completely deleting my wallet and creating a new one, but it also didn't help. What else can I do to fix this? I'm running Kubuntu 19.10, Plasma 5.16.5.

Do you have a process called gnome-keyring-daemon running, after doing the VPN stuff? IIUC it does not in a new Kubuntu install, but if you install something that wants to use it, it gets installed. If it is installed it seems it has a higher "priority" for "secret storage" than kwallet. I don't know much about it.

I don't know how to reinstate kwallet as the "secret storage". I've been reluctant to mess with it, for fear of locking myself out of stuff. To get in to my wallets, kwallet asks the gnome keyring.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X