Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to make my Windows drive writable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's probably hybernated/somehow-locked by Windows, isn't it.
    Shag00 tells us that by either mounting it in fstab, disabling hybernate with "powercfg /h off" or both, it can be written to - but doesn't tell us which.

Why not try those? You don't tell us you have...

Comment

I did not approach this problem to find the answer, merely to fix the problem by covering all bases, however a quick dash to my still functioning logic cells tells me it was following https://www.windowscentral.com/how-d...0-fast-startup because I am obviously a bit strange as I fstab all my disks and I assumed it to be common practice. Just goes to prove the old saying: assume makes an ass out of you and me.

Comment

Well, that turned out to be useful, because it had indeed re-enabled fast startup, so I turned that off, and it definitely went through a full shutdown because it displayed the "Waiting for programs to close" screen. But it's still not writable. As for fstab, I kind of like not having all my drives auto-mount, especially if I'm going to mount them in writable form. Plus, again, my old drive is writable despite not being mounted at boot time either.

Comment

Working...
        X