This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new to Kubuntu

Hi all. In installed Kubuntu 19.10 in my VMware Workstation for testing. The install went well but it's asking for a login password? Setup didn't ask me to set one but nonetheless it's asking. Is there a default?

Odd, as the installer definitely asks to set up a username and password. There is no default.
    It should look like this
    during the install.

Does just hitting 'enter' work? Perhaps 'kubuntu' works, worth a try.

Is this an actual OS install from an iso file (with steps that look like the link above) , or a downloaded, pre-built appliance image? Those do have passwords, but the creator would have specified this on the site where the file was grabbed from, I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Odd, as the installer definitely asks to set up a username and password. There is no default.
      It should look like this
      during the install.

Does just hitting 'enter' work? Perhaps 'kubuntu' works, worth a try.

Is this an actual OS install from an iso file (with steps that look like the link above) , or a downloaded, pre-built appliance image? Those do have passwords, but the creator would have specified this on the site where the file was grabbed from, I imagine.
      Enter doesn't work. I downloaded it strait from the main kubuntu page. You know I'll start from scratch because I did walk away for a bit and just let it run. Thanks for replying claydoh. I'll post back and let you know how things went.

Comment

Working...
      X