This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Oxygen Icon Theme on LibreOffice

I'm running the latest 6.3.4.2 of LibreOffice, and have been using 6.x for a while. However, since moving from 5.x to 6.x I've noticed an odd glitch (at least I think it is) in the icon theme handling for LibreOffice. I can install most any other icon theme onto the system, and Libre refuses to see it, no matter the theme. The only ones I see are the stock icon sets that come with a base install. So I'm wondering, is there some kind of magical hocus pocus I need to do to make the oxygen and other add in, after the fact icon themes available? I know it's installed as it comes up in the list of installed packages in apt. However, it won't come up under Libre where you set the icon theme. Just the stock ones appear there. Does this require, for example, an edit of an INI file, or something I might be missing, like an extra package or something. Any clues or help is welcome.

If you're not using an Ubuntu repo version of LibreOffice, there's almost zero chance of LO having any knowledge of Kubuntu-specific themes. Did you get LO v6.3.4.2 from LO directly?
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Yeah, I did. I'm using their repo because Kubuntu didn't have the latest version back when that big vulnerability came out. Should I remove the repo, uninstall then reinstall?

Comment

LO does not follow any system level set of icons, etc.
        You now have to change them from within LibreOffice via the Tools >> Options >> View
        If you have not already done so, make sure you have the libreoffice-kde5 package installed, which does add a Breeze theme, as well as general Plasma integration, which is fairly new.

More info:
        https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...on-themes.html

Comment

Yeah, Breeze is installed, and that's where I was looking to change the theme, but Oxygen doesn't show up in the list. What's odd is, I did a full remove and readd of LIbreOffice and the list of default icon sets went down until I put Oxygen in, and then some "Elementary" set appeared, but not Oxygen.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by megosdog; Dec 25, 2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

You have to find an oxygen theme for LO, it does not use anyone's system themes.

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/e...gen-icon-theme

Comment

YAY! WOOHOO!! That did it! Thank you, Claydoh!!

Comment

Originally posted by megosdog View Post
                Yeah, I did. I'm using their repo because Kubuntu didn't have the latest version back when that big vulnerability came out. Should I remove the repo, uninstall then reinstall?
                Vulnera... O_O I didn't know that, I'm still using Kubuntu Bionic's default implementation, namely 6.0.7.3 :S

Isn't there any repository I might add to get a newer version of my dependable LibreOffice?

By the way, I've got a story to tell you all here. Years ago I went to some company to see if I could find a job there and told the recruiters that I was used to MS Office AND LibreOffice so office like software wouldn't scare me at all. It seemed clear to me that they thought "what the heck is LibreOffice?" deep inside their troubled minds. XD On the other hand, they didn't pick me... I guess they weren't FOSS friendly...

Last edited by kyonides; Jan 15, 2020, 01:58 AM. Reason: Screenshot
                Multibooting: Kubuntu Jammy 22.04
                Before: Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                Win / & 10 sadly
                Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Hey there. Sorry, been too super busy and forgot to check back here. Anyhow, in answer to your question:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
                  sudo apt update
                  sudo apt dist-upgrade

Comment

Thanks for the ppa!
                    Multibooting: Kubuntu Jammy 22.04
                    Before: Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                    Win / & 10 sadly
                    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
                    X