This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Wifi not working from any machine

I am facing wifi connection issue with kubuntu 18.04.3. Basically I am trying to connect to Mobile phone hotspot ( wpa ). I can connect to that hotspot from windows laptop , other mobiles, tabs. But from two machines ( laptop and desktop ) which I have kubuntu, I am unable to connect. On kubuntu it shows available wifi networks. When trying to connect it asks for password repeatedly and never connects. I have tried reinstalling kubuntu, also ensured that all recommended updates mentioned in notification are installed. ( of course using wired broadband internet ).

But finally I am unable to connect to wifi network.

Did anyone face similar issue?

It probably won't work, but worth a try, "disable" kdewallet. That is, set the password to <blank>. System Settings, Account Details...

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxFresher View Post
      I am facing wifi connection issue with kubuntu 18.04.3. Basically I am trying to connect to Mobile phone hotspot ( wpa ). I can connect to that hotspot from windows laptop , other mobiles, tabs. But from two machines ( laptop and desktop ) which I have kubuntu, I am unable to connect. On kubuntu it shows available wifi networks. When trying to connect it asks for password repeatedly and never connects. I have tried reinstalling kubuntu, also ensured that all recommended updates mentioned in notification are installed. ( of course using wired broadband internet ).

But finally I am unable to connect to wifi network.

Did anyone face similar issue?

The only time that has ever happened to me is when I've misspelled something. it would be unusual for that exact same thing to happen on two different computers. If both Kubuntus are seeing the wifi connection, it would be unusual to not connect. Have you tried
      Code:
      rfkill
      in a Konsole to see if there are any bad settings?
      Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 24, 2019, 03:03 PM.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Make sure wireless is enabled by clicking on its icon on the panel and checking it.

Comment

On my wireless modem I have 3 connection points, 2.4Gh, 5Gh and guest and they can all have different passwords, have you checked this detail on what you are connecting to from Kubuntu?

Comment

Working...
          X