samba shares always report 0 free space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samba shares always report 0 free space

I have a IP camera that is set to save recording to a samba share that has 1TB of free space, and couldn't figure out why it refused to record.

When opening the share on a remote linux box, via Dolphin, that share always reports 0 free space, and since the camera requires a reporting of a minimum of 200MB free space, it won't record.

I've tried suggestions of adding the defree command parameter to the global section of /etc/samba/smb.conf, pointing to a script with one of the following two commands, and neither works.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    df $1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $(NF-4),$(NF-2)}'
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    df $1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $2" "$4}'
    This is an IP camera, being used as a security cam that worked fine when the network share was on Windows, but I'm not running Windows full time on any machines anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to attach your samba config file. I've heard of this before but I can't remember why it happens. Could be a bug regression.

Please Read Me

Comment

The only thing changed by me directly is the defree command line added near the top, under global. Everything else was configured from Dolphin. (Folder properties > Share tab)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jasoncollege24; Dec 25, 2019, 04:20 AM. Reason: Fixed where samba was configured

Comment

Working...
      X