No announcement yet.

Failed Installation with Error Code 141

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a decent SSD for it for some $30. I mean, 240G should be plenty, right?
    It would be interesting if it managed to boot into Windows with a brand new virgin disk...

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      My guess is Intel RST is enabled on the HP machine, as it is on most new Dell an Lenovo (as well as others) machines. I haven't had my hands on a new Acer yet, but possible that they are not enabling RST to save the Intel licensing cost (just a guess).

If you're wiping the drive clean (no windows), disable RST in your BIOS, then re-run the installer. This should allow you unfettered access to the drive.
      Thank you for that advice oshunluvr. I had the same error message on my Dell laptop and when I disabled RAID and instead used AHCI it worked. No more error message.

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      On a side-note it is possible to disable RST on a drive and keep Windows, but it's not trivial. I did that on my new Lenovo laptop to keep Windows on it for warranty service purposes.
      I'm facing the same situation as you but for a different reason than you. Here https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ial-files-only if you can help.

Comment

Working...
      X