Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Storage Device Notification Window?

Formerly when I plugged in any USB storage device a notification window would open from my task bar asking whether I wanted to d/l pictures or access files via Dolphin. Not sure what I did but after making some changes trying to correct another issue that window no longer opens and I have to access the storage device via Dolphin manually. Also there used to be a USB icon in my taskbar as long as the device was connected which I could easily access to "safely removed device," this no longer appears and I have to bring up Dolphin again to remove the device.

I've looked all through NOTIFICATIONS and STORAGE DEVICES in SYSTEM SETTINGS but I have not been able to find a solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

ejs
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Look at your System Tray settings by right-clicking on its arrow, and look for Device Notifier in the General section, and make sure it is enabled. Also, look in the Entries section, and make sure it is not set to be hidden, though this just hides the icon, not the popup.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Look at your System Tray settings by right-clicking on its arrow, and look for Device Notifier in the General section, and make sure it is enabled. Also, look in the Entries section, and make sure it is not set to be hidden, though this just hides the icon, not the popup.
      Thanks claydoh, Device Notifier was it. Linux can be very humbling sometimes.
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
      X