This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Grub editor

A while ago I installed 19.10 on my laptop, but since it was a bit a of a faff to get GRUB working etc and the updates will no longer be available I decided to install 18.04 for LTS. Install has gone well but I'm having issues with GRUB.

When I boot my PC and press nothing, it boots into Kubuntu, no options given for windows 10. When I press F12 I get given the ubuntu option and windows. If I pick windows, it boots into windows absolutely fine. With my old set up I managed to edit GRUB by using a piece of software called GRUB editor. However, that doesn't seem to be available for 18.04. So...can someone please help me in getting this option to boot into windows 10 for me It's not a real deal breaker, since I can just press F12 when I want to boot into windows, but it'd be nice to not require that.

Many thanks in advance.

Ross

What is the output of
    sudo update-grub
    ?

Because, if it finds Windows, you should be able to select it from the grub menu. Or set it to boot the last OS.
    If it doesn't... well, editing grub wouldn't be much use would it ;·)

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
      What is the output of
      sudo update-grub
      ?

Because, if it finds Windows, you should be able to select it from the grub menu. Or set it to boot the last OS.
      If it doesn't... well, editing grub wouldn't be much use would it ;·)
      Hi,

I actually managed to install the customiser from here

http://tipsonubuntu.com/2018/03/11/i...ntu-18-04-lts/

And now all is working as it should Thanks!!! This forum is great, always get such quick reponses, thanks once again, it is because of you and a few others why I'm sticking with Kubuntu, it's been great so far

Comment

Working...
      X