X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filezilla on Kubuntu 19.10

Hello...
    I run Filezilla on Debian 9 (v 3.24), Kubuntu 19.04, as well as Kubuntu 19.10 (both v 3.39). On the first two systems everything works fine. However, on Kubuntu 19.10, uploading files does not work correctly, eg. files not getting transferred completely. I see that Filezilla version 3.46 is available now. I wonder whether a binary version for my Kubuntu 19.10 is ready to download from somewhere. I don't really fancy compiling from source, since a lot of prereqs are missing on my Kubuntu 19.10 system. Discover (software package management system on Kubuntu 19.10) only offers the "non-working" 3.39 version. Any ideas?
    Thanks for any hints
    H. Stoellinger

How well do you know that filezilla 3.39 has a problem fixed in 3.46?

In Kubuntu "files not getting transferred completely" usually means the transfer was handed off to a background task and that did not finish. You have to check notifications to see if something has finished. I don't know if this point applies to filezilla.

Compiling from source is doable; I did it just now. But I had to go through some hoops, the usual sudo apt build-dep filezilla did not do all the magic that was needed. If you're interested, I'll fire up a vanilla Kubuntu 19.10 install and repeat the steps needed, noting them as I go.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

There is a flatpak for the latest version, no need to compile anything.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Filezilla in Kubuntu 19.10

Hello,<br>Thanks for replying so promptly! No, I have no idea whether 3.46 fixes my problem. Just thought that it usually is better to try to get the latest release installed. As you indicate the problem might NOT lie within FileZilla but with Kubuntu 19.10. So - yes, it would be great if you could fire up 19.10 to see the result.&nbsp;<br>Thanks a lot in advance.<br>H. S.<br><br>
        Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        How well do you know that filezilla 3.39 has a problem fixed in 3.46? <br>
        <br>
        In Kubuntu "files not getting transferred completely" usually means the transfer was handed off to a background task and that did not finish. You have to check notifications to see if something has finished. I don't know if this point applies to filezilla.<br>
        <br>
        Compiling from source is doable; I did it just now. But I had to go through some hoops, the usual sudo apt build-dep filezilla did not do all the magic that was needed.

If you're interested, I'll fire up a vanilla Kubuntu 19.10 install and repeat the steps needed, noting them as I go.
        <br>
        <br>

Comment

Hello,
          I installed FileZilla 3.46 from flatpak on my Kubuntu 19.10 System. It seems to work fine
          Thanks
          H. S.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 13, 2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

i uses FileZilla with Kubuntu and it makes the life easier.

https://techslott.com/filezilla has done a great review regarding FileZila and hope it might

Comment

depending on your ftp needs you might be able to just use dolphin try it out.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
              X