WiFi hard to connect, and disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] WiFi hard to connect, and disconnects

Fujitsu Lifebook E782, kernel 5.3.0-23, multibooting Kubuntu 19.10, Windows 7, plus three other Linux OS's. The network device is Intel Centrino Advanced N-6205.

My problem occurs only with Kubuntu; the other OS's are fine.
    When I log in to Kubuntu I have to enter the WiFi password 5 to 10 times in succession before it connects. Intermittently the WiFi will also disconnect while running, and ask for the WiFi password, which I have to enter several times again. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Maybe a usb WiFi adapter?

Intel says the 6205 End Of Life was Nov 30, 2017, and support and drivers for it have been discontinued.
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...etworking.html
    As this Software relates to “End of Life” products, it may contain security vulnerabilities. Intel does not intend to offer updates to mitigate any security vulnerability in this Software, whether currently known or discovered in the future. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Intel does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items within the Software.
    This site has the latest driver for the 6205
    https://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

The "Trouble shooting" section includes the following advice:
    If your WiFi is slow when using Bluetooth, try adding the following to /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf and reboot:
    • options iwlwifi bt_coex_active=0 swcrypto=1 11n_disable=8
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try that. I guess the end solution will be to get a good usb WiFi adaptor.

Comment

Update: I tried the solution to modify ...iwlwifi. Since then the WiFi has been behaving real well, so I consider this problem solved. Thanks, GreyGeek.

Comment

Working...
        X